I had a pretty busy October and November is going the same way. So after a long week of work and some pretty bad eating habits of late, I am craving some healthy hearty meals! This is a mix of a pot pie with a Shepard’s pie style topping. It looks like an orange mess but tastes delicious!
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 Butternut squash, diced
- 10 Sweet Potatoes,mashed
- Peas,carrots, broccoli,green beans,onion or any veg you love in a hot pot!
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place in a steamer to cook
- Add oil to a pan, add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is cooked not browned,add the vegetables,basil, oregano and vegetable stock to the pan.
- Once it starts to bubble, then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Mash the sweet potato and add to the top of the chicken mixture, then place in the preheated at 190 C for 40-50 minutes.
This is very simple to whip up and really tastes great, add whatever vegetables you love to give it as much colour as possible. So hope you enjoy!!