I had some bananas in the apartment that were not going to last too much longer. I decided to try making some banana bread instead of letting them go to waste. I’ve never made it before but it turned out pretty good!
- 2 – 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F ( 175C ) and grease the baking pan
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Melt the butter and stir it into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract and then the flour. I used a hand held mixer.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Insert a knife or a tester into the centre to check for certain.
- When cooked, place on a wire rack and cover with a damp towel until completely cool.
Hope you enjoy!xx