So I have had a busy week packing for my move! Moving is a little overwhelming at times and I always get a little anxious but I think I’m just about ready!It is crazy how much ‘stuff’ we accumulate over a few years. I’ve taken it as an opportunity to do a spring clean at the same time. Here’s some quick tips to keep the stress levels down if you are planning a move soon…
- Make sure you have all the essentials before you start, I like to have boxes, strong tape, labels and bubble wrap.
- There is no point bringing a bunch of extra clothes that you don’t wear anymore so keep an extra box or bag next to you and my policy is if I haven’t worn it in the last 6 months it doesn’t come with me.
- Pack one room at a time and always label the boxes! It will save you a lot of headaches when you go looking for something quickly and label breakables clearly.
- If you are moving somewhere that doesn’t have the basics like cups, plates or kettle then you should put together an essentials box so you can have a cup of tea or coffee to get you through your unpacking!
- I keep important documents together so they are easy to find and so I don’t lose anything.
- Take breaks!!! Your brain will feel like mush after 4 hours packing, well mine did so know what your limit is and take a rest before you reach it.
- When moving day comes, accepting ALL help that is offered!!
So Happy Packing!