Here’s one to warm you up for winter, Crumble is lovely with a cup of tea. You can put any fruit you want in this, whatever your preference. Just add either whipped cream or ice cream to serve….
- 3 apples
- 3/4 punnet strawberries
- 85g margarine, cubed
- 175g plain flour
- 85g dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190C
- I prefer to stew the apples slightly as I don’t like chunky apples, if you prefer you apples this way then start with that. If you like apple chunks the make the crumble first.
- Rub the margarine into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar into mix
- If you have decided to have chunky apples then peel, core and slice into a dish for cooking
- Next hull strawberries and halve and place on top of the sliced apples
- Scatter the crumble on top of the fruit and gently smooth over
- Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream