Here’s an easy recipe for Banoffee Pie that I tried using condensed milk. I went with the simplest recipe I could find as it was my first attempt!….
- 100g Butter, melted
- 250g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 100g Butter
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 397g Carnation condensed milk
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml lightly whipped cream
- grated chocolate/chocolate powder
you will also need
- 20cm loose bottom tin
- re-seal plastic bag
* Firstly, crush the digestive biscuits by placing them in the re-sealable bag and crushing them with a rolling-pin. Then transfer them to a bowl.
* Next, melt 100g Butter and add it to the crushed biscuits. Then spoon the mix into the tin and also along the side of the tin to make a pie shell. Chill in fridge for 10mins.
* Melt sugar and 100g butter in a non stick saucepan over a low heat, until sugar dissolves. Add condensed milk and bring to the rapid boil for 1 minute stirring all the time until thick golden caramel.
* Spread the caramel mix over the biscuit base and leave chill in fridge for 1 hour.
* Carefully transfer base from tin to serving plate. Slice half the bananas into the whipped cream and spoon over the base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and grated/powder chocolate.
Ok so the finished product is quite sweet! So if you don’t have a sweet tooth then this one isn’t for you!If I do it again then ill use less sugar in the caramel or alot more biscuit for the base.
Enjoy and happy baking!xx